Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas time is here.

And so is Finals Week! This week is going to be killer. I seriously am NOT looking forward to the finals this week. I have so much work that's been piling up in the last month and I'm just soooo frustrated with all of it. I wish school would just go away.

Also, there's a dance coming up next weekend. It's kind of a church dance, but they're saying that it's a little more formal and there will be a dinner before-hand. They're also saying "Dates are encouraged, but not required". That's pretty much like saying "Bring a date, or you will feel really awkward". And it's not like high school prom, where I REALLY REALLY didn't want to go. Mostly because I have never really seen the point of prom. It's just "Hey, buy a really expensive dress that you'll only wear once and then put it in the closet to never be seen again so that you can impress all of these people that you'll never see again!" No thanks, high school prom, you can keep your shallow, material sentiments. I don't need them. But I do sort of want to go to this December dance. Just a bit. And maybe I just need to do something and the dance is all that is available to project my boredom solutions on, I don't know, all I do know is that I will probably end up not going for one reason or another.

Anyway, this is just a random brain dump, so feel free to ignore.

2 comments:

diane said...

Good luck with finals and you should totally go to the dance. Free dinner is worth it and you can always leave early if it ends up being a big bore.

Mary said...

Thanks Diane! I hope I do well on the finals. And free dinner would be worth it if it wasn't an hour long drive down there in the first place. :/ Ahhhh well. There's still time to see what happens, right?