Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's a wonderful life

So now that dad's found a job down in Macon, GA, I have been having to make more . . . shudder. .decisions. I've decided not to take a semester off this fall. I'm still going to go to my little technical community school. The classes will be easy ones. Transferrable, but basic. I'm going to be taking:
  • Elementary Spanish
  • Intro to Philosophy
  • Music Appreciation
  • Intro to Computers

Which should all be pretty simple classes. I took 3 years of spanish in High School, so hopefully, it'll be like riding a bike. I played the trumpet all through middle school, and have been trying to learn to play the piano and harmonica, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. And intro to computers?? LOL! Honestly, I think I'll sleep through that class. I've taken two computer classes in high school and am on the computer constantly. Pu-leeze! The only thing I haven't even touched is Philosophy. I honestly have no idea how that class will go, but I don't think I should worry. I've gotten through psychology and sociology with high grades, so I don't think that philosophy will slow me down now.

All in all, I'm counting on this year being a GPA boosing semester. Easy A's all around. This semester is going to be what I like to call a "practice semester". I'm going to practice studying, doing homework, and getting with the gosh darned program! So hopefully, I'll develop some good habits and get rid of some time wasting ones during this semester. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

After this semester is over, and I've (hopefully) been accepted to BYU-Idaho (still haven't heard, it's worrying me a little bit), I'll start to establish residency in Georgia. I'll go there during breaks and holidays, and hopefully, when I look at Georgia's Medical Schools, I'll be able to go without paying out of state tuition. And I'll have a greater chance of getting in, I think.

So that's my plan, and- if perfectly executed- I'll be well on my way to medical school in a couple of years!

Unfortunately, life doesn't always work out the way you want it to. But I'm hoping this time will be different. Excuse me now, whilst I go knock on every wooden surface in the house!

4 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Sounds like a plan, man! (ok, that really ages me!)

We're behind ya girlfriend!

I can't believe it's almost time to start school. I go back and forth between excited and scared to death! eepers!

Jenna said...

Sounds great! I hope you have a great semester!

Missi said...

Easy semester indeed! Sounds like a great way to boost your GPA! You may even have extra time for volunteering. Establishing residency in GA is a great idea. I wish that I had stayed - there are a lot of med school options there and many are partial to residents! Good luck!

Liz said...

I hope, Mary, that it will be an easy, full of 'A's semester, but in the immortal words of 'Peter and the Wolf'...."beware of overconfidence!"