Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The sharks are setting in.

So, today I have my Medical Terminology class. It's my second class in there and I haven't even gotten the book yet. I'm hoping that I can busk fifty from Mom so I can drop by the bookstore before class and pick it up. Last time, we didn't learn anything. We did go through the syllabus, though.

Yesterday, I went to my other classes.

First was Biology II, which looks like it'll be a hard class what with the lecture and the lab, but it's stuff I've learned before, so I shouldn't have that hard of a time. The teacher seems pretty laid back, so that's nice. Also, there's a guy in there that was all "hey, how YOU doin'?". And even though he's pre-med, I'm not interested. I mean, he's interesting, but I'm not in the class to get a boyfriend, I'm in it to learn about biology. So back off, buddy.

Next, I had about an hour and a half to wait until my math class starts. My teacher has an accent, so she is hard to understand, and I'm going to need one of those calculators that does everything for you except put your socks on. Anyway, so far, I'm not that far behind. I mean, I should do some studying, but other than that, I'll be alright in that class.

Last night, I had my last class. Anatomy and Physiology. We learned stuff right off the bat. There's a lecture and a lab for this one as well. Anyway, the teacher was pretty cool, but we went through alot of stuff in the lab. Lecture was all about the syllabus and what we'll be doing in classes. But lab is after lecture, and we had an awesome time in there. At least I did.

I learned where the: thyroid, thyroid gland, trachea, bronchi, lungs, esophagus, heart, aorta, diaphragm, liver, gallbladder, stomach, duodenum, jejunum, ileum, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, ureters, adrenal glands, bladder and urethra are.

It was pretty cool. We went through them several times, and when I got home, I went through them several times more. (is that studying?)

By next class, I need to know sagital, coronal, and traverse planes. I also need to know a whole list of vocabulary words. Something that I haven't had since 3rd grade. I remember having a vocabulary list and having to come home and define all of the words.

My vocab list?

Head - Cephalic

Skull - Cranial

Cheek - Buccal

Mouth - Oral

Neck - Cervical

Armpit - Axillary

Groin - Inguinal

Arm - Brachial

Front of Elbow - Antecubital

Back of Elbow - Olecranal

Back of Knee - Popliteal

Ankle - Tarsal

Foot - Pedal

Sole - Plantar

Heel - Calcaneal

I'm going to need to learn these well, as well as keep going over the other things that I learned by looking at pictures online of the same pictures they had in class. Also, I'll be looking in my anatomy books that I already have.

Also, I'm very grumpy lately.

It might have something to do with my family having around four to five different places to go and only having three cars. My sister's Mercedes broke down the other day, so she needs to use something to get to work and school. I have school, Dad has work, and Big Brother has work, and Mom needs to go to the store alot. So It's pretty frustrating. Especially when my little nephew and little brothers need to be taken to and from school every day. Today, Dad took the Truck to work, Big Brother took the Car, and Mom, Big Sis and I are left with the Van to work with. My sister's first class ends today 15 minutes before mine starts, and 15 minutes after little brother's school is over, my class is over and 15 minutes after that, my little nephew needs to picked up from school. If we can just get through that, we'll be fine.

I hate stress. I wish it was like back in the good ol' days when all I had to worry about was which tree I was going to climb next, or which friend to hang out with that day.

No comments: