Thursday, January 3, 2008

volunteering looks good, right?

For the second year in a row, I am volunteering at my little brothers' school. They require a certain amount of volunteer time from the parents and students, so I decided to help get our numbers up. Also, I'm helping with yet another eagle scout project (I've helped with at least 6 of them, banking up at least 5 hours of volunteer time each) . This time, it's one of my little brothers. I've already helped my big brother with his back when we were both in high school, and now my two younger brothers are trying to get theirs at the same time.

I know volunteer hours count with colleges. I mean, it counts to someone, right? I really haven't been keeping track, but I know I do a moderate amount of volunteering. Less than some, more than most.

Anyway, reading in the "how to get into med school" book, it says that half of the applicants don't get in. Geez, I hope I do. I really hope I do. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't. Also, I'll need to work on my application essay.

No comments: